1 Relation to the Universal Terms
2 Collection of Personal Informations
2.1 The first instance where data is received and saved is during your registration. Here you provide Medihoo with information that can identify you for instance your name and email address as well as some other information that will be saved in your personal profile.
2.2 Some informations are essentials to complete your registration, those are marked with (*). You can choose not to provide Medihoo with the information which is not essential for the registration however please note that it is gathered to continuously improve and optimise our service for you.
2.3 We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in context of using the Services. This may include, but is not limited to:
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information;
- addition information you may provide to us via social media sites or services;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as rating, buying, selling, medical item or service and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an medical item;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us;
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating the Universal Terms (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
2.4 We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, and additional information about you, as permitted by law.
2.5 The Services allow you to use third party login credentials to access the Services by related sites. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites.
3 Personal Informations about Health
By using the Services you can provide information about your health. You may not use the Services if you do not want to provide such informations to Medihoo.
4 Location Data
5 Privacy Settings
5.1 You can access and update your membership account at any time with your login and password.
5.2 When you register with Medihoo some clearly identified parts of your personal data such as your username will be publically visible. For registering medical providers all publically visible fields will be indicated as such.
5.3 You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Services with location information or store cookies. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
5.4 You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Medihoo about your rating, buying and selling activities from the Communication Preference section within Medihoo. This is also the place where you can control your member-to-member communication preferences, and choose which newsletters and offerss you want to receive, and the methods by which we may contact you.
6 Purposes of Data Collections and Processing
6.1 Medihoo’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to create a web environment to bring various stakeholders in the health care industry closer together and exchange information and experiences related to the medical sector. This means on the one hand to make it easy to find each other and subsequently share health related information with each other.
6.2 Medihoo collects and processes your data to provide you with access to the Services, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Universal Terms;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law;
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
Medihoo do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Medihoo, you can indicate your communications preference in the privacy settings or within the direct communication from us.
8 Controller of the collection and the processing of personal data
8.1 Medihoo is responsible for the collection and the processing of your personal data through the Services.
8.2 As a matter of principal Medihoo will not share your personal data such as your name, email address, address, telephone number with any third party other than to perform their service to you and they are or not permitted to use your data in any other way.
8.3 By accessing certain third party social media Web sites and services through Medihoo, you are sharing information with those sites. This shared information is governed by their respective Privacy Policies.
9 Share of personal data
9.1 Medihoo will not publish any personal data which identifies you unless you have given permission or Medihoo is legally obliged to do so. By using the Services, you agree to the share your personal data to other users of the Services.
9.2 Medihoo may share your data in response to subpoenas, legitimate governmental requests, to exercise Medihoo's legal rights or to defend against any legal or third party claim.
9.3 All other data we share with any third party will only be in an anonymous and aggregated way.
10.1 Medihoo is using cloud servers. By using the Services you agree with the transfer, the using and the storing of your personal data to third parties inner European Union Countries.
10.2 The store and the use of your personal data from third-parties inner European Union Countries is governed by the relevant law. You may not use the Services if you do not agree with these data protection regulations. The use of Medihoo is furthermore prohibited and unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all or parts of these Data Protection regulations. We advise you in case of any doubt to review such regulations which can be found under: http://eurovoc.europa.eu/drupal/?q=request&concepturi=http://eurovoc.europa.eu/5595&termuri=http://eurovoc.europa.eu/231023.
11 Conservation of personal data
11.1 Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Universal Terms, for statistical purposes and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
11.2 Once your account has been closed you will not be able to access it anymore and Medihoo cannot re-activate it for you. You can however always open a new account at any time.
13.1 Your membership account and the information therein in password-protected. However please bear in mind that although Medihoo puts in considerable effort by implementing appropriate technical and administrative measures to protect data, a 100% guarantee that transmissions over the internet are entirely sure cannot be given. No website can guarantee security. Since the information you convey over the internet is always routed through different servers outside of our control we cannot guarantee the protection of your data and have to remind you that you act at your own risk. Once your data is received by us we will protect your data the best we can.
13.2 You can help on protecting your data by not sharing your login credentials with anyone and by login out of your session when you are not using the Services.